Small Business Center NetworkThe Small Business Center Network comprised of 58 Small Business Centers throughout North Carolina, supports the development of new businesses and the growth of existing businesses by being a community-based provider of training, counseling, and resource information. A Small Business Center is located within 30 minutes of nearly everyone in the state at the local Community College.
The mission of the SBCN
The objective of the Small Business Center Network (SBCN) is to increase the success rate and the number of viable small businesses in North Carolina by providing high quality, ready-accessible assistance to prospective and existing small business owners which will lead to job creation and retention. Each Small Business Center will be a community-based provider of education and training, counseling, referral and information.
What is the cost of SBCN Services?
Confidential counseling services and access to resource libraries are free of charge. Some seminars and workshops require a minimal registration fee.
SBCN Resource Centers
Our Small Business Center has a library of professional resources waiting to be tapped. Printed materials including books, pamphlets,magazines, and trade journals, as well as a wide variety of tapes, videos, DVDs, and CD-Roms are available for your use.
A Powerful Business Alliance
In addition to providing training, counseling, and other resources, the Small Business Center will put you in touch with vital local business and community leaders. And as members of the North Carolina Business Alliance, we will connect you with other member agencies across the state who will help jump-start your venture.
Business Seminars and Workshops
Start Your Entrepreneur Engine
The Small Business Center Offers a wide variety of seminars and workshops to help small business be successful. A minimal registration fee maybe required to some courses. Some of the topics include:
- How to Start a Business
- How to Write a Business Plan
- How to Finance a Business
- Marketing for Success
- Is Entrepreneurship for You?
- Doing Business with the Military
- Branding Through Social Media
A nominal registration fee may be required for specialized courses.
List of available Seminars & Workshops offered by CCC&TI's Small Business Center.
Valuable Resources for Your Business
Organizing Your Business
- Licenses and Permits
Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
- Starting a Business? 10 Steps Every Entrepreneur Needs to Know
- Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce
- Boone Area Chamber of Commerce
- Business Link North Carolina
- Caldwell Chamber of Commerce
- Caldwell County Economic Development Commission
- National Veteran Owned Business Association
- NCLive.org - Market Research
- North Carolina Lawyers for Entrepreneurs Assistance Program
- North Carolina Small Business Center Network
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Watauga County Economic Development Commission