Medical Office Administration
The Medici al Office Administration program plays a pivotal role in Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute’s mission in Caldwell and Watauga counties by
- providing effective and affordable instruction in medical office administration courses
- offering educational opportunities to all who enter “the open door” to improve the educational well-being of individuals and the community.
The mission of the Medical Office Administration program at Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute includes—but is not limited to—the following goals:
- to deliver consistently high-quality instruction
- to provide high-quality medical office administration courses
- to provide opportunities for students to receive an A.A.S. degree or a diploma in medical office administration
- to provide quality instruction in all related courses required in the programs
- to provide general interest courses and other instructional services for students
This curriculum prepares individuals for employment in medical and other healthcare
Course work will include medical terminology; information systems; office management; medical coding, billing and insurance; legal and ethical issues; and formatting and word processing. Students will learn administrative and support functions and develop skills applicable in medical environments. Employment opportunities are available in medical and dental offices, hospitals, insurance companies, laboratories, medical supply companies, and other health-care related organizations.
CCC&TI offers several different educational programs in this area:
Course work in Medical Office Administration includes the following:
- maintaining medical records
- utilizing office equipment and software
- medical law and ethics
- billing and coding
- transcribing medical documents
For more information about course descriptions or required courses, refer to the current CCC&TI Course Catalog and its corresponding Addendum. Courses in the accounting program are taught during the day and evening, and some courses are available through Distance Learning.