Academic Advising Center
The mission of the Academic Advising Center is to provide the best possible advising for students
to achieve their academic, career, and personal goals.
Advising Services during COVID-19
Academic Advising services are available in multiple formats during Covid-19, including in-person and virtual options:
- Remember, advising may be slower over web conferencing and through email.
- Plan ahead, and reach out to your advisor(s) early, so you are prepared to register on time.
- All students must communicate with their assigned advisors through Self Service in MyCCCTI before registering.
- For information on specific registration dates and deadlines, please refer to the college’s
*Use the following steps to assure that your advising
- Review your current academic progress in WebAdvisor
Self Service under My Progress
- Note what you have taken so far
- Note what you still need to take to
reach your goal
- Plan your desired courses for Summer and/or Fall
courses inside your WebAdvisor Self Service account
- Submit your Plan to your advisor for Review
- Await verification from your advisor, by email,
that your “advising is complete”
- Register from your plan in WebAdvisor Self Service
when your Priority Registration date arrives
*If you encounter problems with any of the above steps, you may sign in to the Student Services Virtual Lobby to reach a Student Services Advisor for a live video chat support session online.
Hours & Location
During the Covid-19 “Safer at Home” phase, advising options include the following:
- Contact your advisor by email or phone (View the instructional video: “Who Is My Advisor”)
- Sign in to our “Virtual Lobby” to connect with an advisor.
For your safety and ours, virtual advising is preferable at this time. However, face-to-face advising following COVID-19 “Safer At Home”
safety precautions is available upon request. Communicate to your advisor your preference for format of advising session (email, phone,
live “Collaborate” session with audio & optional video or face-to-face).
*Operating Hours for the Virtual Lobby
- Monday - Thursday: 8am - 7pm
- Friday: 8am - 12 noon
*Other options may be made available if necessary due
Frequently Asked Questions About the Academic Advising Center
When do I need to make an appointment for academic advising services?
- Advising will be slower now due to the online nature of advising during Covid-19. You should schedule your advising session with your Primary Faculty Program Advisor as far in advance as possible to avoid delays in your registration. Should you encounter difficulty connecting with your Primary Faculty Program Advisor, you may wish to connect with a Student Services General Advisor. You may do that by signing in to the Student Services Virtual Lobby. You may be seen by video conference immediately, or you may be asked to schedule a virtual web conferencing appointment, based upon availability of staff and demand.
When do I need to contact the Academic Advising Center (AAC)?
- Contact your advisor as soon as possible to avoid delays to your registration. Current students can check their student email to find
their assigned Priority Registration Date and Time. All students, both Current and New, must have their academic plan (MAP), approved by
their advisor prior to registration.
How do I register?
- All students must be advised before registering
- Plan your schedule in WebAdvisor Self Service
- Submit your plan to your advisor for review
- Once your plan is approved, and you receive the
“Advising Complete” email from your advisor, you may
register at your assigned date and time
Is my personal information protected?
- Yes. All appointments are strictly confidential. No academic or personal information is shared about a student without written consent from the student. Advisors have been educated in the use of FERPA compliant web conferencing platforms. You may also still elect to receive your advising entirely through the Self Service platform, your student email, or by phone, all of which are FERPA compliant.
Other Advising Resources
Who is my Advisor?
Transfer (Articulation) Agreements
- Our FERPA Policy
Academic Advising Center