Transitional Online Learner Checklist
- Communicate with your instructor
- Your instructor will notify you in some way. Make sure you are reading those communications.
- Ask questions and reply to your instructor if you feel you don’t understand something.
- Let your instructor know if you have an access problem.
- Check your official student email.
- Sign up for ReGroup (opens in new window). This is the alert system used by
- Attend any scheduled virtual sessions.
- Your instructor may meet with you in a virtual classroom. Treat this just as you would any seated course.
- Pay attention to the information presented in the virtual session.
- Let the instructor know if there is a technology problem.
- Watch the video about using our virtual classrooms (opens in new window).
- Submit assignments on time.
- Call Student Services (828-726-2200) if you will not be able to access these classes.
- There is a plan in place to help students who do not have devices and/or internet access.
- Contact your advisor if you have general questions.
- All students have two advisors.
- Call Student Services if you do not know the name of your advisor.
- Ask for tutorial videos or screen shots.
- If you’ve never taken an online course before, you may need to watch a video or look at a document to help you navigate your course.
- Your instructor should be able to point you in the right direction.
Having Problems With Moodle?
CCC&TI is providing Moodle Support via video conferencing using the link below.
The video conference will be monitored from 8:30 am until 5 pm Monday - Thursday and 8:30 am until 12 noon on Friday.
Join the video conference
then use the 'chat' feature to enter your question.
Moodle Student Support Resources