Interested in Taking a Distance Learning Course:
Find out all the in and outs on how to go about taking Distance Learning courses.
What types of Distance Learning Courses do you offer?
- Internet (Online) Course: College or continuing education course in which 100% of the instruction is delivered
via the Internet/online. These courses may have proctored testing, but instruction is delivered online. CCC&TI uses Moodle to
deliver our Internet (Online) courses. These courses are distinguished in the course schedule by having a section number in the 620s.
- Hybrid Courses: College or continuing education course in which >50% but <100% of the instruction is delivered
when the student and the instructor are separated by distance. Instructional delivery methods may include, but are not limited to:
Internet, LMS, licenses instructional video, CD, TV, DVD, instructional software, or other media. Hybrid courses combine traditional
classroom instruction with the interactivity of an Internet course. These courses are distinguished in the course schedule by having a
section numbers ending with a C or W.
- Blended Courses: College or continuing education course in which <50% of the instruction is delivered when the student
and the instructor are separated by distance. Instructional delivery methods may include, but are not limited to: Internet, LMS, licenses
instructional video, CD, TV, DVD, instructional software, or other media. Blended courses combine traditional classroom instruction with
the interactivity of an Internet course. These courses are distinguished in the course schedule by having a section numbers ending with a
C or W.
- Information Highway (Video Conference) Courses: Information highway courses use video conferencing medium, which
enables students to come together from multiple locations with instructors for face-to-face instruction, discussion, collaboration,
and problem solving. These classrooms are equipped with two-way audio and video equipment that permit all students to participate fully
in the class, regardless of location. All necessary technologies are available in the classroom. Information Highway courses have
section numbers in the 700s and 780s.
- For a student who registers during any registration before the first day of classes and
completes tuition payment, his or her account will be active on the first day of class.
Distance Learning Information
- Visit the Online Learner Checklist webpage for helpful tips on taking
an online course.
- Pronto is a communication platform that allows students to communicate quickly and easily with
instructors and classmates in courses administered via Moodle. Pronto can be accessed within Moodle under course
information or on students' Moodle course dashboard. Pronto is also available for download via the app store on
connected devices. The following links can be used to download the Pronto app:
- View the
Distance Learning Orientation Video to learn the following:
- How to be Successful in an Online Course
- System Requirements
- Online Course Expectations
- Grading and Feedback
- Online Attendance
- Communicating with your Instructor
- Tips for Online Success
- Academic Integrity of Online Learners
- Distance learning courses may require on-campus or proctored testing. Additional expenses may be incurred for
proctored exams at locations other than CCC&TI for equipment needed to participate in the course, such as a
webcam or microphone.
Distance Learning Support
CCC&TI offers one-on-one assistance with course navigation, using activities and resources,
submitting assignments and more. You can also contact us if you need help logging in to your Moodle account.
Please visit the MyCCCTI Login Instructions page for general technical questions.
Support is available by college personal during normal business hours. Services requested during holidays and weekends
will be processed on the next business day.
DL Helpdesk Support
- Having Moodle login issues or technical issues. Contact the
CCC&TI Distance Learning Help Desk
This service is monitored from 8:00am-5:00pm Monday through Friday.
Self Service or Email Support
- ThePassword Reset link
(http://studentreset.cccti.edu/PasswordReset/Reset) will reset your password for Moodle, Self Service, student email,
and MyCCCTI portal)
- Information about support for Self Service or Email issues can be found on the
MyCCCTI Login Instructions page.