Why an Associate Degree Makes Sense
Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute is one of the best values in higher education.
Here are a few reasons why:
- Easy transition from high school
Save tens of thousands of dollars
- Community college campuses are small compared to universities.
- Class size is typically smaller as well.
Average class size at most community colleges is 20 students.
- Instructors are much more accessible and can provide more personal attention.
Many advantages to living at home
- Tuition at a state four-year institution is nearly triple that of community college.
- The average annual tuition for: community college is $2,402; public 4-year colleges is $6,585:
private 4-year colleges is $25,143.
More time to think about your career path
- You save on two expensive costs – dorm fees and meal plans.
- Not to mention roommate problems that can add stress .
It will boost your confidence!
- The first two years of college are a period of feeling out classes and exploring career paths.
- You’ll also be able to knock out your general education requirements in the first two years,
so that you’re covered no matter what major you apply for when transferring.
- Starting at a community college can be great for your GPA and overall confidence.
Source: USNews.com article “5 Reasons Community Colleges Make Sense Right Now” by Jeffrey King.
Visit our College/University Transfer Program
web page to learn more.