Nurse Aide III RefresherThis course is designed as a refresher for individuals whose Nurse Aide I listing has expired within the previous two years.
Nurse Aide I > Nurse Aide II > RN-ADN > RN-BSN > AAS, Physical Therapy Assistant at CCC&TI > MSN
Allows out of state individuals the opportunity for initial listing in North Carolina. Basic Nurse Aide I knowledge of personal care and nursing assistant skills are reviewed and students are allowed to practice in a lab setting during this course. The North Carolina Nurse Aide I Candidate Handbook is provided as the basis for this comprehensive review. Upon successful completion, the student will be better prepared to apply for and successfully pass the two-part written and skills examination required by North Carolina for relisting.
Estimated Hourly Earnings
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics website (www.bls.gov), current state hourly wage range is $10.64 - $10.88.
- Nursing Homes
- Assisted Living Centers
- Retirement homes
- Doctor’s offices
- Home Care Agencies
Department of Labor Standard Occupational Code (SOC): 31-1014
CostsRegistration fee $126.00
- Proof of completion of a minimum 75-hour state approved Nurse Aide I course
- Proof of expired Nurse Aide I listing within the past two years
- Documented proof of any name change since initial/previous listing
- Social Security card – name must match government issued photo ID
- Government issued photo ID – name must match Social Security card
- Students must submit an application fee of $101 to NACES Plus Foundation to schedule a test date with local regional testing site.
- Students must successfully pass the state-administered two-part written and skills competency examination before being re-listed with Division of Health Service Regulation.
My Nurse Aide I certification expired over 2 years ago, how can I get it back?
- You have the following options:
- you can “challenge” the state competency exam through Pearson Vue; or
- you can retake the Nurse Aide I course
What website can I go to for more information about competency testing?
What phone number should I call to verify registry listings?