This course is designed to prepare the student for the certification examination required for the North Carolina licensure application process. Through class work and practical “hands-on” training, students obtain a solid foundation for professional practice as an entry level Massage Therapist. Upon successful completion of the course, the student is eligible to sit for the certification exam and apply for state licensure in North Carolina.
Massage Therapy training > Licensure by examination > Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist
Estimated Hourly Earnings for Massage Therapist
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics website (www.bls.gov
), current mean annual wage is $35,970.
- Chiropractic offices
- Retirement homes
- Medical offices
- Home care agencies
Department of Labor Standard Occupational Code (SOC): 31-9011
|Career Pathways registration fee
Fee may be waived based upon employment status
|Massage Therapy registration fee
|Professional massage table
|Massage Therapy Logo Shirt & Tees |
To inquire about assistance for Continuing Education students, please call 828.759.4680.
- Introduction to Health Services
- Completed admission packet
- Career Pathways - pre-requisite course
- Interview with Massage Therapy Coordinator
- Mandatory orientation session
- Reading placement test
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency
- Official Transcripts showing highest education level attained
- Applicants should request colleges mail official transcripts directly to their home address. Transcripts must remain sealed and returned in the completed application packet.If currently enrolled in another college, those transcripts should be mailed at the completion of coursework also.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Social Security card – name must match government issued photo ID
- Government issued photo ID – name must match Social Security card
- Malpractice insurance
- Proof of childhood immunizations:
- Records may be obtained from the last school attended or current/past health care providers and must include:
- DPT (3-5 doses)
- Td (tetanus) / Tdap (1 every 10 years)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) (2 doses/ positive blood titer)
- Influenza (flu) (1 dose annually)
- Varicella (chicken pox) (2 doses or blood titer=/>1.09)
- Tuberculin /TB skin test (TST) (current result w/negative reading of </= 15 mm induration / proof of negative CXR within 6 months)
- Hepatitis B series (3 doses) OR Declination
- Certification of Fitness to Attend Massage School
- This form must be signed by a licensed physician, nurse practitioner, or physician's assistant attesting to the student's physical and mental well-being.
Students, who successfully complete Massage Therapy training at CCC&TI, will receive seven (7) points toward admission into the Physical Therapy Assistant program at CCC&TI.
To Register for the Massage Therapy Course
Admission packets can be downloaded from the website at:
OR may be pick up in Corporate & Continuing Education, located on the south end of the Caldwell campus,
Faye A. Broyhill building, Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Detailed information and necessary forms are included in the packet.
Text book list will be provided on the first day of Career Pathways.