This course is designed to prepare students to become a licensed
manicurist in North Carolina.
Manicurist > Esthetician > Cosmetology Certificate/Diploma
- Course Content
- Admission Requirements
- Future Classes
Topics studied during the course include professional image, manicuring and pedicuring, bacteriology,
sanitation and disinfecting, nail product chemistry, anatomy and physiology, OSHA safety regulations,
disorders of the nail, acrylic nails, nail wraps, gel nails, silk wraps, nail art, nail enhancements,
nail piercing, nail jewelry and nail appliqués. Upon successful completion of the course, the
student will be eligible to sit for licensure through the North Carolina Board of Cosmetic Art
Estimated Hourly Earnings
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics website (
), current state hourly wage range is $8.78 - 16.32.
Licensure: Authorization granted to CCC&TI to provide instruction within another state
does not imply or provide guarantees of any kind that an individual will be granted
professional licensure by another state as a result of completing coursework at CCC&TI
or receiving professional licensure in North Carolina. It is the sole responsibility of
the individual/student to determine whether another college or license-awarding agency in
another state will accept CCC&TI coursework and/or award licensure through a reciprocity
agreement with the State of North Carolina.
- Health spas
- Private business
Department of Labor Standard Occupational Code (SOC): 39-5092
|Career Pathways registration fee
Fee may be waived based upon employment status
|Manicurist registration fee
|Manicure Kit on wheels*
|Textbooks and workbook, State Board Practice
|Black smock – sleeves or sleeveless
Note: According to NC Administrative Code 21 NCAC
14J .0102, “All students must wear a clean washable uniform or professional
attire and nametag identifying academic status.”
|*May be purchased in College Bookstore.
To inquire about assistance for Continuing Education students, please call 828.726.2242
- Introduction to Health Services
- Career Pathways
- Reading placement test
- No felony conviction
- Note: According to GS 88B-24, after completion of training and successfully
passing the examination, the State Board of Cosmetic Art may refuse to issue
a certification or registration for anyone convicted of a felony.
- Social Security card – name must match government issued photo ID
- Government issued photo ID – name must match Social Security card
- Do I have to wear a uniform?
- Yes. According to NC Administrative Code 21 NCAC 14J .0102, “All students
must wear a clean washable uniform or professional attire and nametag identifying
academic status.” White shoes; white socks/hosiery are also required.
- Is there a clinical component to this course?
- No, all skills are demonstrated in the classroom/lab setting.
- Can I become licensed after completing the course?
- Yes, upon successful course completion, the student must apply for
temporary state license and also apply to sit for the state two part examination.
- What days and times are classes?
- Classes will be held Monday through Thursday, 4 p.m. until 9 p.m.
- Where can I find more information about the state rules and regulations for manicurists?
1/16/2018 - 5/15/2018 - Monday through Thursday 4pm-9pm