Upon Completion, students are qualified for an entry-level position as an electrical line technician.
The Electrical Lineman Institute prepares students for a career as an apprentice for a Journeyman Lineman.
In this program, you will develop the knowledge and skills to install, operate, maintain, and repair indoor and
outdoor residential, commercial, and industrial electrical systems, and associated power transmission lines.
You will study basic circuits, wiring practice, A.C. and D.C. controls, safety procedures, and learn about the
power lines which carry electricity from the source to its destination. You will learn how to use hand and
electric tools, and how to read and interpret blueprints and other written and graphic instructions. Your work
will combine classroom courses with laboratory hours which offer practical, hands-on training.
If you enjoy traveling, working outdoors, and working with electrical equipment, then this training program may be
for you. A lineman is required to travel extensively and work in emergency restorations during times of bad weather.
Students must possess the physical ability to climb to heights in excess of 50 feet.
Watch CCC&TI's video
about the Electrical Lineman Institute.
More information about Electrical Lineman at:
My Next Move
Are you ready for the challenge?
For more information, please contact David Coffey at 828-726-2611 or email
Licensure: Authorization granted to CCC&TI to provide instruction within another state does
not imply or provide guarantees of any kind that an individual will be granted professional
licensure by another state as a result of completing coursework at CCC&TI or receiving
professional licensure in North Carolina. It is the sole responsibility of the
individual/student to determine whether another college or license-awarding agency in another
state will accept CCC&TI coursework and/or award licensure through a reciprocity agreement
with the State of North Carolina.
|Per Year||Per Hour||Per Year||Per Hour
To learn more about a career in the Electrical Lineman field,
visit CCC&TI's Career Coach
site for the following program:
Continuing Education: Electrical Lineman Institute
|ELS-8001 Electrical Lineman Training 1
|ELS-7002 Electrical Lineman Training 2
||$150.00 - $200.00
|DOT Physical & DOT Drug Screen
||varies with insurance
Financial assistance available.
Helpful Personal Attributes:
- 1 copy of High School Diploma or High School Equivalency (REQUIRED TO REGISTER)
- 1 copy of Current DOT Physical & Drug Screen (FIRST DAY OF CLASS)
- Drug Screen (FIRST DAY OF CLASS)
(1 Drug Screen For EACH course (total of 2) no more than 30 days old)
- 1 copy of Unrestricted NC Driver’s License (REQUIRED TO REGISTER)
- 1 copy of OFFICIAL driving record (FIRST DAY OF CLASS)
- Must be 18 years old by the start date of Lineman I
Characteristics associated with success in this major include an interest in working with your hands and a pride in the successful completion of a job.
- be dependable and careful in your work
- be able to follow written and oral instructions and make logical decisions
- be in good physical health
- have the ability to work in awkward and uncomfortable positions for long periods of time
- have good motor coordination
- feel comfortable working at heights
- feel comfortable working with people of different backgrounds and personalities
- be able to tolerate working outdoors in bad weather