- No appointment is needed
- Writing Consultants are available for one-to-one writing consultations in the Writing Center where we assist with all aspects of the writing process—from invention to drafting to revision to strategies for editing
- We are happy to help with all types of writing, including class assignments, college and scholarship essays, resumes, cover letters and personal writing
- Submit your writing to the Online E-mail Consultation service by accessing the submission form
- Comments concerning your writing will be returned to you as soon as possible, usually within two (2) business days (48 hours) excluding weekends and holidays
- Consultants will offer suggestions for improvement but will not proofread or edit your writing
Online Chat is available for quick questions concerning your writing. If you need extensive help with your work, please visit the on-campus Writing Center for a face-to-face consultation or submit your document for review through email submission.
- To use the chat consultation feature, access your BlackBoard IM account
- To add The Wring Center Consultant, select Actions>Add Contact from the BlackBoard IM menu
- Enter cccti-onlinewritingcenter as the BlackBoard ID then select Add. You may add this contact to a specific group or create a group to the Add to Group field
- The Writing Center Consultant will then appear on your Contacts list
When you instant message the writing consultant, someone will respond to you as soon as possible, but it may take a few minutes.
If you have any questions, contact The Writing Center at 828.726.2376.