Graduation exercises will be held in May.
All candidates are expected to be in attendance.
is eligible for graduation when the following requirements have been completed:
- In order to participate in the May graduation exercises, students must complete the
Graduation Application by the
established deadline and complete all graduation requirements by the end of the spring semester.
- All the requirements for a degree/diploma/certificate in a particular program must be satisfactorily
completed with a program grade point average of at least 2.0.
- Health Science graduates must follow graduation requirements as stated in their program manual.
- Students transferring from other colleges and schools are required to complete at least 25 percent
of the course hours in their program of study or 10 semester hours, whichever is greater, in residence
at CCC&TI. “In residence” denotes credit hours earned at CCC&TI. Work Based Learning will not
count toward residency requirements for graduation.
- The student must take care of all financial obligations to CCC&TI prior to commencement.
Candidates for a degree, diploma or certificate may meet graduation requirements as outlined in either:
- the catalog for the year they initially entered their program of study provided continuous enrollment
is maintained during fall and spring semester and no more than 10 years have elapsed or
- in the catalog for the year of their graduation.
Students who have not enrolled in two consecutive semesters (excluding summer semester) are not considered
as continuously enrolled and must reapply for admission to CCC&TI. Requests for exceptions may be filed
with the registrar.
Graduation with Honors
A graduating student who has earned a program grade point average of 3.5 or better during studies at
Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute will receive the degree, diploma, or certificate
Cap & Gown Fitting Schedule
Congratulations on your prospective graduation! Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute's
commencement exercises are inspirational and impressive. The faculty and staff strongly encourage you
to attend. Even though graduation is symbolic, we believe your presence is a gift to the faculty and
staff, your family, friends, and to yourself.
The 2018 graduation exercises are being planned for Friday, May 11th at the J. E. Broyhill Civic Center.
Graduation ceremonies will take place at either 5:00 p.m. or 8:00 p.m. that evening. Ceremonies are
determined based upon applications by program and will be determined prior to cap and gown distribution.
PICKING UP YOUR CAP AND GOWN WILL BE OUR INDICATION THAT YOU ARE PLANNING TO ATTEND THE GRADUATION CEREMONY.
Graduation Announcements and Guest Tickets will be distributed when caps and gowns are picked up.
Graduates must be fitted for their caps and gowns at the following times at either location:
1st Floor of the Forlines Building Student ID is required for pick up. ID’s can be made in
Student Services Center
Student ID is required for pick up. ID’s can be made in Student Services.
10 am-1 pm
10 am-2 pm
10 am-2 pm
10 am-2 pm
If you have applied for a certificate only, you must have paid the graduation application fee to be able
to participate in the ceremony.
Additional information concerning your graduation time, rehearsal, and your role in graduation will be
given to you when you pick up your cap and gown.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Sandra Reece at 726.2718 (or 264.7670, ext. 2718 from
the Boone area).
The Graduation Schedule for the May 2018 Graduations is as follows:
Traffic around the J. E. Broyhill Civic Center will be heavy.
Please plan accordingly.
- May 11 - 5 pm - College Transfer & STEM Programs
- For the 5:00 pm ceremony, graduates MUST arrive and be seated by 4:15 pm
- College Transfer Programs include:
- Associates in Arts
- Associates in Fine Arts, Music
- Associates in Fine Arts, Visual Arts
- Associates in Science
- Associates in General Education
- STEM Programs include:
- Biomedical Equipment
- Computer Programming
- Computer Technology Integration
- Electrical Systems
- Electronics Engineering
- Landscape Gardening
- Mechanical Engineering
- Networking Technology
- Web Technology
- May 11 - 8 pm - Health Science & Career and Technology Programs Graduation
- For the 8:00 pm ceremony, graduates MUST arrive and be seated by 7:15 pm
- All Health Science Programs
- Career & Technology Programs include:
- Automotive Systems
- Aviation Management & Career Pilot
- Business Administration
- Collision Repair & Finishing
- Culinary Arts
- Early Childhood
- Emergency Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Office Administration
- Paralegal Technology