Counseling and Advisement Services
- Learn About Yourself...
through assessment inventories that will identify your strengths, interests,
personality, and values
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Learn About Occupations...
and about educational/career training opportunities
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Dictionary of Occupational Titles
- College Handbook & Index of Majors
- DISCOVER computerized exploration
- CAREER EXPLORER computerized pgm.
- Student employment
- Resume & Interview Assistance
- Jobs Network
- Crisis counseling
- personal counseling referrals
- Learn About Jobs...
through job locating resources
- Register with Student Employment services in person by visiting Career Services in
F-Building on the Caldwell Campus, or by contacting
Rick Shew 828.759.4635.
- Use the JIS (Job Information System) computers located in F-Building on the Caldwell Campus.
On the Watauga Campus, contact the Employment Security Commission Office on
Winkler's Creek Road or call 828.265.5385.
- See a representative of the NCWorks Career Planning and Placement Center at the
- Job Listings are posted on bulletin boards throughout both campuses and in job listings
notebooks in Career Services in F-Building on the Caldwell Campus. Job Listings may
be e-mailed to students registered with CCC&TI Student Employment Services.
Resumes & Interviews
- Learn to market yourself...
through effective resume writing and preparation for interviews resources
- Tips for writing effective resumes
- Reviewing your resume and offering advice
- See videos or use computer programs that offer tips and guidelines for effective resumes
and interviews. Attend resume writing or job-interview workshops on campus.
Crisis / Personal Counseling
- Free and confidential counseling is available by licensed or registered mental health professionals.
Students may qualify for a free referral for more in-depth counseling services with an external
contact agency as appropriate.
To schedule an appointment with a counselor, call:
- Caldwell Campus828.726.2746
- Watauga Campus828.297.3811
If you are unable to contact a college counselor, but require mental health assistance
right away, you may contact your local community mental health agency.
That toll-free number for both Caldwell and Watauga counties is 1-800-849-6127.
In case of psychiatric emergency or risk of injury, please contact 911.
- Resources for Teachers & Counselors...