The college provides child care assistance (subsidy payments) to help eligible students with child care needs.
For more information about Child Care Services at CCC&TI, contact Myra Sanders at
If you are interested in being considered for Child Care Services, please complete the
and return it based
on the guidelines on the bottom of the Child Care Request Form.
Due to limited funding the students with the greatest unmet need as determined by the Financial Aid
Office will be the first to be served.
To be considered you must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have been notified by
the Financial Aid Office that you are financial aid eligible each academic year you are
requesting childcare assistance.
- Must be eligible to receive Federal Financial Aid. Which includes: Federal Pell Grant,
North Carolina Community College Grant and/or the North Carolina Educational Lottery Grant.
- Must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the US Department of Education
Details provided in your award e-mail, on our website, and in our catalog).
- Must be registered for curriculum courses and maintain at least six (6) to nine (9) credit hours
of on campus courses for fall and spring for the entire semester. Should funding be available for
summer semester you must be registered for a minimum of six (6) credit hours of on campus courses
for the entire semester. We can only assist with daycare expenses during your daycare operational
hours. If your daycare does not have evening operational hours and you are taking evening hours
we will not be able to assist you with your childcare expenses. Evening courses cannot be included
in the (6) to (9) seated credit hours of on campus courses.
Child Care Related Links
For more information and helpful sources, consult the following:
- Smart Start
- Smart Start programs and services provide children under age six, access to high-quality
and affordable child care, health care and other critical family services.