- QEP (Quality Enhancement Plan)—a document developed by the institution that describes a course of action for institutional improvement crucial to enhancing educational quality this is directly related to student learning (Source: Handbook for Reaffirmation of Accreditation).
- SACS—Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, our accrediting agency.
- Compliance Certification—The Compliance Certification is a document submitted by the institution detailing the institution’s compliance with Core Requirements, Comprehensive Standards, and Federal Regulations for Title IV Funding as outlined in the Principles of Accreditation.
- Focused Report—The Focused Report is a document that an institution may choose to produce in response to a judgment by the Off-Site Review Committee regarding the Compliance Certification Core Requirements or Comprehensive Standards. (Source: Handbook for Reaffirmation of Accreditation)
- Rubric—A scoring guide used by instructors to identify varying levels of quality.
- Student Learning Outcomes—Specific measurable skills and knowledge required to meet program outcomes.
- Assessment—Method to document evidence of student learning.
- Direct Assessment— Direct measures assess student performance of identified learning outcomes requiring standards of performance. Examples of direct assessments are: pre/post test; course-embedded questions; standardized exams; portfolio evaluation; videotape/audiotape of performance; capstone course evaluation.
- Indirect Assessment— Indirect measures assess opinions or thoughts about student knowledge, skills, attitudes, learning experiences, and perceptions. Examples of indirect measures are: student surveys about instruction; focus groups; graduate surveys; employer surveys.
- External Evaluation— A form of evaluation that utilizes measures developed outside the institution (i.e. standardized testing, external reviews).
- Internal Evaluation—A form of evaluation that utilizes measures developed within the institution.
- CCSSE (Community College Survey of Student Engagement)—A survey of community college students and faculty that asks questions about institutional practices and student behaviors that are highly correlated with student learning and retention.
- WAC (Writing Across the Curriculum)—an interdisciplinary program that emphasizes writing in all disciplines, not just English classes.
If you have additional questions or need clarification on certain areas, feel free to contact email@example.com or download the QEP Report for more information.