The items listed below must be submitted PRIOR TO being accepted into the class.
- Health Services Orientation (verification)
- Please call 828.726.2242 or 828.297.3811 for dates and times
- Reading Placement Test (Provided during Orientation)
- Social Security card
- Original SIGNED card
- First and Last name on card must match government issued PHOTO ID
- Cannot be laminated
- Government issued PHOTO ID
- NCDL, Passport, Military ID
- First and Last name on ID must match name on social security card
- Must be valid and cannot expire before the end of class
- Immunization/Health Record Form
- Provided during orientation
- Must be completed and signed, or stamped, by student’s health care provider or health department
- Must have the following immunizations documented*:
- Tetanus Booster within past 10 years OR record of Tdap
- Varicella (chickenpox) (2 shots or titer =/>1.09
- Measles, mumps, rubella – MMR (2 shots or + titer)
- Hepatitis B – (3 shots OR Positive Hepatitis B titer OR Declination)
- Tuberculin Skin Test (TST) – current, negative
- High School or College Transcript
- Applicants should request colleges mail official transcripts directly to their home address. Transcripts
must remain sealed and returned in the completed application packet. If currently enrolled in another
college, those transcripts should be mailed at the completion of coursework also.
- Certification of Fitness to Attend Massage School
- This form must be signed by a licensed physician, nurse practitioner, or physician's assistant attesting
to the student's physical and mental well-being.
- Background Check
- Obtained at the Sheriff’s Department (a national criminal records check is required by the NC Board
of Massage & Bodywork Therapy)
- Completed Admission Packet
- Provided during orientation
*For questions regarding immunizations, student should contact their healthcare provider recommendation of need,
based upon age, health concerns and current CDC guidelines. If there are special considerations, the provider must
document the need on letterhead or office stamp for validation.
Students, who successfully complete Massage Therapy training at CCC&TI, will receive three (3) points
toward admission into the Physical Therapy Assistant program at CCC&TI.
|Massage Therapy registration fee
|Professional massage table (approximately)
|Massage Supplies (estimate)
|Massage Therapy Scrubs (2 sets estimate)
*May be purchased in College Bookstore.
**Black, closed-toe, closed-heel, water/skid resistant
Textbooks & Supplies Costs are subject to change.
Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist -> Athletic Trainer -> Exercise Physiologists ->Physical Therapist Assistants
& Aides -> Physical Therapist
Estimated Hourly Earnings for Massage Therapist
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics website
the current mean annual wage is $43,700.
- Chiropractic offices
- Home care agencies
- Medical offices
- Retirement homes
Department of Labor Standard Occupational Code (SOC): 31-9011
Licensure: Authorization granted to CCC&TI to provide instruction within another state does not imply or
provide guarantees of any kind that an individual will be granted professional licensure by another state as a
result of completing coursework at CCC&TI or receiving professional licensure in North Carolina. It is the
sole responsibility of the individual/student to determine whether another college or license-awarding agency in
another state will accept CCC&TI coursework and/or award licensure through a reciprocity agreement with the
State of North Carolina.
- Is massage therapy training required to become licensed in North Carolina?
- Yes. The North Carolina Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy (NCBMBT) requires an applicant to
successfully complete a state approved training program consisting of a minimum 500 in-class training
- Once I complete the course, how do I become licensed?
- To obtain a license application packet, download the "Application Request Form" located in the Document
Center on the Board website at www.bmbt.org. Once completed, the form is to be mailed to the Board with a
$20 application fee.
- You are also required to pass the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx) in order to
be considered for licensure in North Carolina.
- What paperwork is required for the MBLEx?
- A completed application form and fee payment is required. No transcripts or letters are required.
- Should I send transcripts to the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) to apply to sit for the exam?
- No, CCC&TI will provide education records to FSTMB; however, you must submit them to apply for state licensure.
- What is the MBLEx application processing time?
- Once your application is received, you will be notified by email within seven days.
- You will receive your Notice to Schedule; you will be allowed 90 days in which to take the exam.
- How much does the MBLEx cost?
- What websites can I go to for additional information?
- North Carolina Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy at
- Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards at