North Carolina Longleaf Commitment Grant
ELIGIBLE 2021 NC HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES WILL HAVE THEIR TUITION AND FEES COVERED AT CCC&TI
FOR UP TO TWO YEARS.
The Longleaf Commitment is a grant program for 2021 North Carolina high school graduates who will attend Caldwell
Community College & Technical Institute, starting with the Fall 2021 semester. High school students may
be eligible to receive this grant – not a loan – for tuition and fees toward a degree or to
attain transfer credit.
- Full-time eligible students are guaranteed to receive $700 to $2,800 per year, for a total of two years.
- Less than full-time students may receive a partial award.
- The Longleaf Commitment Grant Program ends at the conclusion of the 2023 spring semester.
- Graduate from a North Carolina high school in 2021
- Be a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes
- Be a first-time college student (Career & College Promise (CCP) and Early/Middle College High School
students are eligible)
- Enroll in a Title IV eligible curriculum program during the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 academic years.
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours per semester
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from $0 - $15,000 as determined from FAFSA results.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as determined by CCC&TI's SAP policy.
- Apply now for admission to CCC&TI at
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at
www.studentaid.gov and all verification requirements, if applicable.
- Renew the FAFSA and complete all verification requirements for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Contact the Office of Financial Aid at 828-726-2200 (Caldwell) or 828-297-3811 (Watauga) or email:
firstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to the Longleaf Grant Program.