The Makerspace and Seed Library are part of the Caldwell Campus Learning Resource Center, located on the
second floor of E Building in Room 204.
If you have questions about any Makerspace or Seed Library services, call 828-726-2309, email
email@example.com or stop by in person (no appointment
Resources Available in the LRC Makerspace
3D Print Service
Students can bring a 3D file for printing on our 3D printers. This service costs 20 cent per gram with a
one-dollar minimum cost. Other terms and conditions can be found in our 3D printer
policy. Makerspace staff can also help you find a file for your project.
Small-scale Laser Engraver
This free service allows students to engrave on small pieces of paper, leather, and some types of plastic.
These robots can be programmed and manually controlled, giving students a chance to write code and program
the Spheros to execute tasks.
Broyhill Learning Resource Center 3D Printer Policy
- The 3D printer may only be used for lawful purposes. It may not be used to create materials that are:
- Prohibited by local, state, or federal law
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or poses an immediate threat to the well-being of others (Such use may
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for our learning environment
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights (Such as materials subject to copyright, patent,
or trademark protection)
- We reserve the right to refuse any 3D print request.
- The cost of the item printed will be charged at a rate of .20 cents per gram of material used in the printing
process, with a minimum charge of $1.00.
- Items printed for individuals which are not picked up after 7 days will become property of this institution.
- Patrons work with library staff to load their designs for printing - Due to safety issues, ONLY designated staff
will have hands-on access to the 3D printers.
- Patrons will provide their own designs in the proper format (UP3, STL, UPS, OBJ, 3MF, PLY, OFF, 3DS, and GCODE
formats are all acceptable). Designs are available online for purchase or free download from several sources.
LRC Seed Library
The LRC Seed Library gives the power of growing into campus users’ hands. The library has a wide variety of
free seeds available: vegetables, herbs, flowers, and more.
Next time you have extra seeds, please consider donating some to the CCC&TI seed library. Donations can
be grown and harvested, or store bought. Simply place donations in the marked box in the Makerspace. Please
fill out a donation form so future growers know what they are planting!
Looking for a certain type of seed? You are welcome to browse our display racks and files. The files
are alphabetized by variety name, so a pepper called Tabasco would be found under vegetables in the S-U drawer. Our
seed catalog holds donation forms with important information for growers.
LRC seed library terms and conditions
By using the LRC seed library all users agree to the following terms and conditions:
- All users must sign the logbook. This helps staff maintain usage statistics and inventory.
- The LRC seed library cannot guarantee germination or proper labeling of seeds. The LRC seed library is
a community-driven facility and receives seed information from community users.
- There is no set seed packet limit. We do ask that you keep other community members in mind when taking seed
- All seed types (with the exception of illegal seeds and tobacco) will be accepted. Blank information sheets
and empty packets are available for those making donations.