Inter Library Loans
CCLINC is a shared catalog with more than a million learning resources. Students at CCC&TI can request books from other community college libraries in the CCLINC system. The items are shipped to our campus (Caldwell or Watauga branch) at no charge to the student. Allow seven days for transit. Not all items are available for loan; each institution sets its own policy about what can and can’t be sent to other schools. If you have questions about another college’s lending policy, please ask at the desk.
This iLink online catalog gives access to the collections at each of the libraries. It allows you to search the collection, place items on hold, and check on the status of your personal patron file. You will need your four-digit PIN to access your account.
NOTE to patrons: Please scroll to your local community college, click on it, and begin your searching there. If you wish to place a hold on an item, you can only do so from this library, i.e., the one that gave you a patron card/barcode.
NWAHEC is an educational and training program for health care providers within a seventeen county region in Northwestern North Carolina. The Consortium maintains medical libraries at three locations in our area (Watauga Medical Center, Catawba Valley Medical Center and the Bowman Gray School of Medicine), providing interlibrary lending and digital library services to participating members.
Available NWAHEC Services
- Book & Journal Article Interlibrary Loans (Student & Faculty)
- Audiovisual Interlibrary Loans (Faculty)
- For futher services please contact one of the librarians
LRC Policies Regarding NWAHEC Interlibrary Loans
A student requesting NWAHEC interlibrary loans must hold an updated LRC library card. Distance-learning students who never visit campus may request a library card and/or update via completion of the online request form
- Students at Caldwell and Watauga may request up to five books and/or journal articles. For each article you request, please bring (or email) a complete citation to a librarian. Articles can be printed or emailed to the student
- Faculty may request book, journal articles or audiovisual loans.
- Most items delivered through NWAHEC are provided free of charge; however, if charges, fees or overdues are assessed the student or faculty member will be responsible for the cost
Making an AHEC request
- If you cannot find an article or book through NCLIVE or the Library's computer catalog, visit the Library or e-mail LRC staff to request a loan from NWAHEC.
- Please provide the full citation of the item you are requesting. The librarian will need this information to order the correct materials.
- Faculty members may also visit http://northwestahec.wfubmc.edu/link/videolist/avsubframes.htm to determine the availability of audiovisual material, and, if appropriate material is found, e-mail the LRC to request an interlibrary loan.
- If the requested material is available, the LRC librarian or circulation assistant will complete the NWAHEC loan request online.
- When the requested material arrives at the LRC (delivery time will vary depending on the permanent location of the item), the student or faculty member will be notified by e-mail or telephone. Distance learning students who do not visit campus will receive materials electronically or by mail.
We are a member of the international interlibrary lending service known as OCLC (Online Computer Library Center), which provides students and faculty access to books, articles, and A/V material from around the world.
LRC Policy Regarding OCLC Interlibrary Lending
- Please try to find the items on CCLINC prior to requesting loans from outside the community college system
- A student requesting OCLC interlibrary loans must hold an updated LRC library card. (Students may update their library card each semester by visiting the LRC and bringing their current course schedule to verify registration. Distance-learning students who never visit campus may request a library card and/or update via completion of the online request form
- A $2.00 charge will be associated with each item requested (EX: Two resources requested = $4.00 charge). ). In the unlikely event your material is not found, fees are non-refundable
- Faculty may apply at the departmental level for reimbursement of lending charges (if material requested is related to curricula related research or instruction
- The circulation period will vary with each item requested, and will be determined by the lending library. Students and faculty will be informed as to the appropriate circulation period upon delivery.
- Items loaned should always be returned promptly
- Students and/or faculty are solely responsible for any costs associated with overdue fines, damage/loss to resources
To Make an OCLC Request (ILL)
- Visit the Library Caldwell or Watauga to make an ILLrequest
- Distance learners should complete and email the form found at http://www.cccti.edu/LRC/Services/OCLCRequestForm.htm to the LRC Librarian.
- The $2.00 service charge may be paid at the time of request or at pickup
- The student or faculty member will be notified by phone or e-mail when the material arrives (Expect a 7-10 day turn-around for delivery)
- The student or faculty member will be notified as to a return date upon delivery.