Congratulations on your anticipated graduation from
Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute!
We are honored you chose us for your educational journey and
we are proud of your achievement.
Graduation Application Deadlines
- Summer 2023 Graduation Application Deadline – July 12, 2023
- Fall 2023 Graduation Application Deadline – December 1, 2023
- Spring 2024 Graduation Application Deadline – March 1, 2024
- Meet with Your Advisor
The semester prior to your degree completion, meet with your academic advisor to review your academic progress.
- Review Graduation Requirements
- Confirm Transcripts Have Been Received
Make sure CCC&TI has all official High School and College transcripts from any institutions you
- Apply For Graduation
Complete Graduation Application online through Self Service the semester before anticipated completion
Watch this video for detailed instructions
on Applying for Graduation via Self Service.
- Pay Graduation Fee
Payment is required to process your graduation application as well as to purchase the cap/gown and
diploma cover. If you completed the application online, you must pay the fee through Self Service. If
you are completing applications for multiple degrees in Student Services, you must pay the fee in the
Business Office on either campus.
- Complete the Graduation Applicant Survey
Complete the graduation survey, which will be emailed to you after the submission of your graduation
- All monetary obligations to CCC&TI must be paid in full.
- Order Your Cap, Gown and Tassel
To place your order, visit cccti.shopoakhalli.com. Cap and gown pickup dates will be posted in Spring 2024. Check back for updates!
- Complete Program
Students must complete all required courses within their curriculum program as published in their
catalog of record.
- Request an accommodation for the graduation ceremony (if needed).
Please let Disability Services know that you or a guest needs an accommodation by completing the
Graduation Accommodation Request Form at least two weeks prior to the commencement ceremony so appropriate accommodations can be made.
- Attend Commencement Ceremony on May 10, 2024
- Receive Your Degree, Diploma, and/or Certificate
Your degree, diploma and/or certificate will be mailed to the student address we currently
have on file approximately 4-5 weeks following the last day of the term.
A printable version of this checklist is available at:
Printable Graduation Checklist
Commencement Ceremonies 2024
Commencement Ceremonies will be held on May 10, 2024 at the J.E. Broyhill Civic Center. Ceremony times and details are to be determined.
Commencement is one of the most significant celebrations of our students. We are committed to
prioritizing the health and safety of the entire CCC&TI community. Our celebrates comply with the latest
COVID-19 guidance from the CDC, as well as state and local public health agencies. Should any updates to
our protocols be necessary, we will communicate with graduates and the campus community, and post to the
Graduation Page on the CCC&TI website.
Graduation Information Links to CCC&TI's Catalog
- Why must students apply for graduation the semester prior to degree completion?
- By applying early, it allows Student Services time to review your progress and make sure you are definitely
in line to complete your program.
- How does the college know that I will definitely attend the graduation ceremony in May?
- Ordering your cap and gown will be our indication that you will attend the ceremony.
- If I have applied for a certificate only, am I able to participate in the Spring commencement
- Yes, however, you must have applied, paid the graduation application fee and ordered
your cap and gown.
- How will I be notified about graduation information?
- Along with information provided on the graduation webpage, we will email you through your CCC&TI
email account. We will also mail information to the mailing address we currently have on file.
- Who should I contact if my name or mailing address has changed?
- I know I will need my student ID in order to pick up my cap and gown. If I don't already have a student ID, who should I see?
- You will need to stop by the LRC on the Caldwell Campus or by Student Services on the Watauga Campus.
- What Program GPA must I have by the end of my graduating semester in order to graduate with honors?
- A 3.5 program GPA (not cumulative GPA). The Honors tassel is given out at graduation. * GPAs are not rounded
- What program GPA must I have by the end of my graduating semester in order to graduate from CCC&TI?
- A 2.0 program GPA is required. However, some Health Science programs require a higher program GPA for graduation.* GPAs are not rounded
- How will I get my degree/diploma/certificate?
- All degrees will be mailed to the address you provided on your graduation application
4-6 weeks following graduation.
- What should I do if I or one of my guests attending graduation needs an accommodation for
the graduation ceremony?
- CCC&TI is committed to ensuring graduation is accessible to graduates and their guests.
If you or one of your guests needs an accommodation for the graduation ceremony please contact
Disability Services, at least two weeks prior to the commencement ceremony so appropriate
accommodations can be made.
(email@example.com) | 828.726.2716
- How do I leave a ticket at the J. E. Broyhill Civic Center for a guest to pick up the day of the ceremony?
- Tickets may be placed in an envelope with the graduate's name and given to the individual stationed
at the will call table.
- How soon will I know if and when I can get extra tickets?
- It will be very close to the date of the Commencement ceremony before we will have information
about the possibility of extra tickets. If extra tickets are available they will be located at the
will call table at the J.E. Broyhill Civic Center the day of the ceremony. Check your CCC&TI
email account for updates regarding extra ceremony tickets.
- Does my infant/toddler need a ticket for the Commencement ceremony?
- Yes…The Fire Marshall uses headcount and not seat count for events at the J.E. Broyhill Civic