Adult Education and Family Literacy
Become a partner in learning with your child!
The Adult Education and Family Literacy Program enables parents and children ages 2-4 years to learn together in both joint and separate classes.
High School Equivalency, English as a Second Language, parenting and life skills instruction for parents, and preschool and school
enhancement activities for children are provided in Family Literacy classes.
The Adult Education and Family Literacy Program is designed for parents and their children to learn together through the integration of the
following five components:
- Educational field trips
- Computer lab
- English as a Second Language
- High School Equivalency
- Improve reading, math, or communication skills
- Job skills
- Qualified staff offers individualized instruction
- Group activities
- Guest speakers
- Topics suggested by participants include issues critical to the lives of the families
Parent and Child Together Time (PACT)
- Build your child's self-esteem by following his or her interests and preferences
- One-on-one play between parent and child
Early Childhood Education
- Certified teaching staff works with children in a developmentally appropriate environment
- Provided for children ages 6 weeks to 7 years old
- Families receive the book of the month
- Instructors visit once a month
- Participants talk individually with adult and early childhood teachers about individual issues and goals
- Family Resource Center - Lenoir
- Perkinsville Baptist Church- Boone
To register or for more information, call 828.757.8632 or 828.726.2230.