Submission For Fine Art Guidelines
- Entrants must be 18 years or older and a resident of Caldwell or Watauga County
or enrolled in a Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute class.
- Any two dimensional or three dimensional work may be entered.
- Artwork must have been completed in the last two years.
- All artwork must be original work completed by the submitter.
- Art may not be a copy of another work of art (a painting of Starry Night, for example).
- Artwork previously submitted for Branches publication is not eligible for resubmission.
- Entries are limited to three artworks per person.
Method of Entry:
- All submissions must be digital images, and the jury will judge the work by digital image projection.
- Actual work will not be accepted. Digital entries must be copied as .jpg, .tiff, .gif formats to a CD.
- Up to three images may be provided for three dimensional work.
- All digital entries must be set to a resolution of 300dpi or higher. Work that is not set to the proper resolution will not be considered for publication.
- E-mailed submissions will not be accepted.
- All artwork must be submitted with a completed entry submission form.
- You will Adobe Reader to be able to fill out the entry form. To download Adobe Reader free.
Assistance making digital images will be provided. Contact an art instructor for information.
Tom Thielemann: 726-8183
Laura Aultman: 297-3811
Digital prints will be made of selected artwork for display. A Branches show will be held on each campus. Digital prints will become property of Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute. By entering this competition, the artist agrees to publication in Branches and to reproduction of his or her image by Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute. Up to ten (10) copies of each image may be produced and may be used by CCCTI for display, promotion, and fundraising.
Submit Fine Art to:
Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute
2855 Hickory Blvd.
Hudson, NC 28638
For questions about art submissions, call Laura Aultman at (828) 297-3811.